Life Groups are how we help each other faithfully follow Jesus as our One True King on the Journey of life together as He calls us to…
and Be the Church
LIFE GROUPS: OUR BASIC PURPOSE
Life Groups exist to promote spiritual growth and maturity through the development of significant Christian relationships centered around the study of God’s word. (Hebrews 10:24-25 & Romans 8:29) When we talk about Experiencing Grace and Practicing Community, and Being the Church, this is what we mean…
Each week we’ll take time to share what is happening in our lives. At first this sharing will include some planned “sharing questions”. But after the first few weeks, it will become more informal and personal as our group feels safer and more comfortable.
Each week we’ll study a portion of God’s word that relates to the previous weekend’s sermon. Our goal is to learn how to apply and live out our Christianity in our day-to-day experiences and relationships.
Each week we’ll learn how to take care of one another as Christ commanded (see John 15:9-13) as well as serving our community. This care will take many forms such as prayer, listening, meeting needs, encouraging and even challenging/exhorting one another as needed.
SEVEN MARKS OF A HEALTHY LIFE GROUP
For our group to be healthy, we need to…
1) Focus on spiritual growth as a top priority. (Romans 8:29)
2) Accept one another in love just as Christ has accepted us. (Romans 15:7)
3) Take care of one another in love without crossing over the line into parenting or taking inappropriate responsibility for solving the problems of others. (John 13:34)
4) Treat each other with respect in both speech and action. (Ephesians 4:25, 5:2)
5) Keep our commitments to the group – including attendance, homework and keeping confidences whenever requested. (Psalm 15:1-2, 4b).
6) Work out our salvation through life application of the Word. (Philippians 2:12, James 1:22-25)
7) Prioritize the Be The Church aspect of LIFE Groups through the pursuit of Reaching Out to our friends, relatives, acquaintances and neighbors with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (John 13:1-15; Romans 13:8; 2 Corinthians 7:1; Galatians 5:6; James 1:19-27; 1 John 3:16-18.)
Here you will find the current week’s LIFE Group study questions. For the current sermon audio download, you can check under the Growing In Christ -> Preaching ministry tab above. You can also look there for past weeks resources or you can jump to our sermon-based Life Groups resource page to download just the sermon notes for this week.
To sign up for a LIFE Group please fill out the form below… (you should get an email right away confirming your sign-up)
[iframe src=”insert LG registration link here” width=”650″ height=”720″ frameborder=”0″ marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″>
Here is a listing of LIFE Group leaders for this session when and where they meet…
|LIFE GROUP LEADERS||TIME AND LOCATION (√ = group full)
|Jerry Seehusen & Rick Stadther – Sermon Based||Sundays – 8:30-9:30am @ Grace, GU room
|Andrew Gardeen – Sermon Based
||Wednesdays – 6:00pm @ Gardeen’s|
|Keith & Sara McNamara – “Lord Change My Attitude Before it’s Too Late”
||Wednesdays – 6:30-8:00pm @ Rotating location|
|Pastor Henry – Sermon Based||Sundays – after Church – 2:30pm @ Meyers
|WE ALSO HAVE VARIOUS OTHER GROUPS
|Pastor Henry – Mens Bible Study||Tuesdays – 6 – 7:30AM @ Christian Community Outreach Center
|Carol Ahlquist – Armor of God (women’s study)||Wednesdays – 8:30 -9:30 AM @ the Master’s|
|Pastor Henry – Mens Bible Study||Thursdays- 6-7:30AM @ the Master’s
|Pastor Henry -“Mere Christianity” (men’s study)||Fridays 7-8:30AM @ the Masters|
If you are a LIFE Group Leader, you can find resources for leading your group by following this link.